How to install elasticsearch on windows?
Elacticsearch installation on windows.
So before installing elasticsearch you must have java installed on your system and also you need to setup environment variable as JAVA_HOME. If you already have installed java then setup environment variable as following.
First you can verify JAVA_HOME is set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45 by following command.
C:\>echo %JAVA_HOME%. This command will show you java path where installed.
If JAVA_HOME is not set, then please follow following steps.
- Right-click on My Computer icon and select Properties
- Click the Advanced system settings.
- Enter the variable name as JAVA_HOME
- Enter the variable value as the installation path for the JDK. For instance C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45
- Click OK, Then apply changes
Now download Elasticsearch.
Extract it in any directory. I suppose that you extracted it in C drive in elasticsearch-1.7.1 as I downloaded elasticsearch-1.7.1.zip file.
Now open command prompt and go in C:\>cd elasticsearch-1.7.1\bin. Now run elasticsearch command here. You will see output similar as in following image.
If you see such information on your command prompt then it means elasticseach installed on your system.